NEET Eligibility criteria is determined the exam conducting body NTA. Candidates willing to apply for this entrance exam to get admission in medical courses will have to know the NEET Eligibility 2020 and have to meet the guidelines set by the authorities. The eligibility details includes the qualification, age limit, nationality and much more. Based on the criteria set, the applications for the test will be accepted or rejected by the conducting authority. We have tried to explain the eligibility criteria for NEET 2020 here clearly. So, read the details and know whether you are eligible to apply for the test or not.
NEET 2020 Eligibility Criteria
There are various factors that decides the eligibility of the candidates to apply for the NEET 2020. Eligibility for appearing for the NEET UG is specified by Indian Medical Council. All those factors and the guidelines are listed here which the willing aspirant have to check and proceed to fill the application. Check out the detailed NEET Eligibility for this year entrance exam here.
NEET Age Limit 2020
- Candidate should have completed 17 years of age at the time of admission or should complete the age on or before 31st December of the admission in to 1st year BDS or MBBS course of the candidate.
- Upper Age Limit for NEET UG 2020 is 25 years as on date of exam. However, age relaxation of 5 years is given for the ST/SC/OBC category candidates and for those candidates entitled for reservation under the Rights of Persons with Disabilities Act, 2016.
|Unreserved Category (UR) Candidates||Born on or between 05/05/1995 and 31/12/2003|
|SC/ST/OBC/PwD Category Candidates||Born on or between 05/05/1990 and 31/12/2003|
NEET Eligibility Criteria of Nationality
- Indian Nationals
- Foreign Nationals
- Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs)
- Non-Resident Indians (NRIs)
- Overseas Citizens of India (OCIs)
All the above listed persons are eligible for NEET 2020. However, check the individual nationality eligibility for 15% All India Quota Seats and remaining seats given below.
NEET Eligibility for 15% All India Quota Seats
- Indian Nationals, Overseas Citizen of India (OCI), Non Resident Indians (NRIs), Foreign Nationals and Persons of Indian Origin (PIO) are eligible for 15% All India Quota seats.
- Candidates from Jammu & Kashmir are not eligible for this 15% All India Quota Seats. However if they claim the eligibility, they need to submit online Self Declaration that is generated as well as printed automatically along with the confirmation page which should be presented at the time of NEET counselling. However, if the self-declaration submitted at the counselling is found false at any time, admission for the candidate will be cancelled and further proceedings will be done on the candidate.
NEET Eligibility for States/Central Universities/Deemed Universities/ESIC and AFMC Including Delhi University (DU), BHU & AMU/Central Pool Quota
- Indian Nationals, Overseas Citizen of India (OCI), Persons with Indian Origin (PIO), Non Resident Indians (NRIs), and Foreign Nationals are eligible for admission in to Dental and Medical colleges that is subjected to the rules & regulations set by the respective institutions, state governments and Government of India.
- However, foreign nationals will have to confirm their eligibility from the concerned Dental/Medical College/State.
NEET Criteria of Qualifications – Qualifying Exam and Marks
- Candidates appearing in 12th class in 2020 and result is awaited can apply for the test. However, by the time of admission candidate should have passed in the qualifying exam with the required pass percentage at the time of 1st round of counselling.
- Candidates completed their higher secondary education or Indian School Certificate exam that is equal to 10+2 exam after 12 years of their studies with last two years comprising of Physics, Biology/Bio-Technology, Chemistry and Mathematics or any elective subject along with English that is not less than core course as prescribed by NCERT after 10+2+3 educational structure as recommended by NCE. Open School and Private school candidates are not eligible also those who purse Biology/Biotechnology as additional subject at 10+2 are also not eligible.
- Candidates complete intermediate or pre-degree exam from any of the Indian board or university or other recognized exam body with Physics, Biology /Bio-technology, Chemistry and English as a compulsory subject.
- Pre-Medical exam or Pre-Professional exam with Biology /Bio-technology, Physics, Chemistry and English as compulsory subject after their higher secondary exam or pre-university or any other equivalent exam.
- First of 3 years degree course with Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Bio-Technology of recognized university which is a university exam and candidate should have passed previous qualifying exam with same subjects along with English not less than core course.
- Candidate should have qualified the B.Sc exam from any Indian University with not less than two subjects from Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Bio-Technology and also should have qualified in the previous qualifying exam with English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Bio-Technology.
- Any other exam which is in scope and standard that is equal to intermediate science exam of Indian board or university with subjects English, Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Bio-Technology.
Note: The above qualifications include the practical tests in the mentioned subjects also.
Qualifying Marks for NEET 2020
- Candidates should have passed qualifying exam as said above or appearing in qualifying exam in 2020 with the subjects passed English, Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Bio-technology individually and should get a minimum of 50% marks taken together from all those subjects except English in the qualifying exam.
- Candidates Belonging to SC/ST/OBC should get 40% marks all together from Physics, Chemistry, Biology/Biotechnology subjects.
- For PwD Candidates the minimum marks required is 45% from all together Chemistry, Physics, Biology (Botany or Zoology)/Biotechnology.
- Candidates pursued their education from outside of India (Abroad) should have passed with 50% marks in Physics, Biology/Biotechnology and Chemistry and English subjects in their 12th standard level and their equivalency will be decided by AIU.
|Category||Minimum Qualifying Marks|
|Candidates Studied Abroad||50%|
If the candidate does not meet the qualifications of the NEET Eligibility Criteria prescribed, he or she should give complete details inorder to determine their eligibility.
NEET Eligibility 2020 – Eligibility for Number of Attempts
Number of attempts to appear for NEET is removed since 2018 and the same is expected to be applicable for NEET 2020 also. However, candidate should meet the above given NEET Eligibility Criteria 2020 to apply and appear for the exam.
This is the complete NEET Eligibility 2020 for applying and appearing in the entrance exam. Candidates can check the remaining NEET eligibility criteria such as for counselling and admission available at other articles of ePostbag.