To apply for the SRM Joint Engineering Entrance Exam (SRMJEEE) conducted by SRM University, candidates have to read the SRMJEEE Eligibility Criteria 2020 and meet the criteria set by the authorities. Applications will be accepted for this entrance test only from the eligible candidates. Eligibility details include the qualification, age limit, nationality etc. However as per the previous year data, toppers of various boards will be given the direct admission in to the university as per the guidelines of the university. Read the complete details of the eligibility available here.
SRMJEEE 2020 Eligibility
SRMJEEE is the national wide eligibility test for the admission in to B.Tech and M.Tech programs of the university campuses. Candidates willing to get admission should not only satisfy the criteria required to apply, they should also meet the admission criteria set by the authorities. Here in this post let us talk about the eligibility details required to apply for SRM JEEE UG i.e., B.Tech course only.
The SRMJEEE Eligibility 2020 is not the same for all the institutions under SRM University and it varies. Check the institution wise eligibility criteria available below.
Nationality and Age (Common for All Institutions)
Indian Resident, PIO Holders, Non-Resident of India (NRI) and candidates with OCI card issued by the Indian Government are eligible to apply. However, residents of India have to apply under “Indian Admissions” and NRI, OCI and POI holders have to apply under the International Admissions category only for the exam.
- Should have an age of 16 years or more as on 31st July of calendar year in which 10+2 or 12th standard board or exam is to be held.
- Candidate should have born in between 1st July 1999 and 1st July 2004.
SRMJEEE UG Eligibility Criteria of SRM University Amaravati (AP)
Qualifying Exam and Marks:
Candidates should have passed their higher education exam 10+2 or appearing in the exam in the current year with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (PCM) as main subjects from any state board of India or CBSE or NIOS or ISCE or Matriculation. The minimum qualifying aggregate required from all those subjects or PCM is 60%.
SRMJEEE Eligibility of SRM University (Delhi-NCR, Sonepat)
Academic Qualification required for all B.Tech Programs except Biomedical Engineering, Biotechnology and Genetic Engineering:
- Aspirants should have passed 12th standard or its equivalent exam recognized by state or central education board.
- The minimum score required is 50% in PCM (Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics) in the qualifying exam i.e., 12th or its equivalent.
- Should have taken five subjects in class 12 which includes Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as core subjects.
Academic Qualification required for Biotechnology, Biomedical Engineering and Genetic Engineering Courses:
- Should have passed 10+2 or its equivalent from any state or central board of education with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/Botany & Zoology/Biology/Biotechnology.
- The minimum aggregate required in the qualifying exam of PCM or PCB subjects is 50%.
- Should have studied five subjects in 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/Biology as core subjects.
SRMJEEE Eligibility Criteria 2020 of Kattankulathur Campus
Qualifying Exam and Marks for All B.Tech Programs:
- Should have qualified 10+2 exam or appearing in the exam in the current year with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as major subjects in regular stream from CBSE, any state board of India, Matriculation, ISCE or NIOS.
- Candidates completed +2 under NIOS should complete their 10th class from any regular schooling or vice-verse.
- Candidates passed International Baccalaureate (IB) diploma or IB certificate or GCE A-level with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as main subjects from any International schools within India are also eligible.
Qualifying Exam and Marks for B.Tech Biotechnology with specialization in Genetic Engineering / Electronics and Communication with specialization in Biomedical Engineering / Biotechnology with specialization in Regenerative Medicine:
- Should have passed 10+2 exam or should appear in higher secondary exam in the present academic year with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics/Biology/Biotechnology as main subjects in regular stream from any state or central board within India, CBSE, Matriculation, ISCE or NIOS.
- Aspirants passed International Baccalaureate (IB) diploma or GCE A-level or IB certificate with Physics, Mathematics or Biology, Chemistry as major subjects from any International schools within India are also eligible.
Candidates willing to join in B.Tech Electronics and Communication with specialization in Biomedical Engineering and have not studied maths subject in their 10+2 level exams will have to study mathematics as bridge course after taking admission in the 1st year of B.Tech.
Applicants appeared for the Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics or Biology in the SRMJEEE under graduate test are eligible for the B.Tech, Biomedical Engineering, Biotechnology and Genetic engineering programs in the university and other relevant courses in UG Health Sciences.
SRMJEEE Eligibility for Direct Admission
SRM University of Science and Technology offers direct admission as well as scholarships for the candidates in any of the following criteria.
- First rank students of all state and central boards in India,
- Top rankers in each district of Tamil Nadu,
- Top 10,000 rankers in IIT JEE and
- Exemplary sports persons at International and National level.
This is the complete SRMJEEE Eligibility Criteria 2020 required for the aspiring candidate to apply for the entrance exam. So, read the criteria clearly and if you are eligible proceed to apply for the test before the last. More updates on various entrance exams are available at ePostbag.
Table of Contents