After the release of the VITEEE notification 2020 by Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT), the VITEEE eligibility criteria 2020 details will be available to the applicants. It is necessary for the aspirants to know the eligibility details before applying for the VITEEE 2020. Candidates applying for the test will have to meet the requirements of the criteria to be eligible for the test. The applications from the appropriate candidates will only be accepted and will be allowed to appear for the test. If you want to know the detailed eligibility information, continue reading this post.
VITEEE Eligibility 2020
VITEEE eligibility criteria for general candidates is different from that of the NRI and foreign candidates. The eligibility details includes qualification, age, subjects pursued, nationality etc. set by the exam conducting authority. Applications will be accepted by the VIT from those candidates fulfilling these eligibility details only. If in case if the applicant is found to be guilty during the admission, his / her candidature will be rejected and will be debarred from the entire process. So, it is necessary for the candidates to carefully read and understand the details of the eligibility before applying for the test.
Candidates studied Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects will be eligible to apply for B.Tech, Bio Engineering and Bio-Technology courses. They can also apply for B.Tech. Computer Science and Engineering with specialization in Bioinformatics and Electronics and Communication with specialization in Biomedical Engineering, however candidates applying for these courses will have to take Mathematics as Bride Course. Check the complete VITEEE Eligibility details available below.
Candidates pursued any of the following courses are eligible for VITEEE 2020.
- Should have qualified 10+2 higher secondary exam through ICSE Board, CBSE (New Delhi) or any of the state board.
- Candidates with high school certificate from International Baccalaureate Diploma from the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva or Cambridge University.
- 10+2 (12th) or pre-university exam organized by recognized university / board.
- Candidates studied full time formal and regular education.
- Aspirants with any General Certificate Education (GCE) from Cambridge/Srilanka/ London with an Advanced (‘A’) level.
- NIOS candidates can also apply, but they need to Migration-Cum-Transfer certificate at the time of admission.
Eligibility in Qualifying Exam:
- Candidates who have got atleast 60% marks in the Physics, Chemistry and Biology/Mathematics in 10+2 or intermediate education are eligible.
- SC/ST candidates should have scored 50% marks in the same above subjects.
- North-East candidates should also have secured 50% marks in the above mentioned subjects.
- Combined marks in PCM/PCB needs to be 50%.
- Candidates from Jammu and Kashmir and the North Eastern states of Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Mizoram, Meghalaya, Nagaland, Tripura and Sikkim have to produce a certificate to prove their nativity at the time of counselling. Otherwise, they will not be considered for admission.
Year of Passing
- Candidates appearing for VITEEE 2020 needs to have completed their education or can be appearing in the 2020 qualifying exam.
- Candidates born on or after 1st July 1997.
- Minimum age limit is 17 years as on 1st July 2019.
- Candidates have to produce certificate as a proof of age during counselling. Date of birth record of SSC / Class X / high school certificate are considered to be final and authentic.
- Resident or Non-Resident Indian Nationals.
- Foreign candidates can apply through foreign category. A separate Foreign national application form is available in the official website and the foreign candidates have to apply through this application form only.
VITEEE Eligibility for Foreign Candidates
- Candidates should have completed their 10+2/intermediate education with 60% of marks in all the subjects i.e., Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics/Biology to get admission in to B.Tech programs.
- Candidate should have pursued education in English Medium School or institute only.
Admission will be given to all those candidates who meet the above mentioned VITEE Eligibility Criteria and qualified in the VITEEE 2020 exam. Those candidates will undergo conselling and admission process in any of the VITEEE institutions.