Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering in short GATE is a national level entrance test for admission in to postgraduate programs in Engineering / Science / Architecture / Technology. Every year Indian Institute of Science (IISc) along with any of the seven Indian Institute of Technology organizes and manages GATE. Indian Institute of Technology Delhi (IIT Delhi) is the organizing institute of GATE 2020 and it releases the GATE Notification this year. Check the detailed information the notification here.
GATE 2020 Notification
IIT Delhi issues the GATE notification on 1st week of September 2019 and conducts exam on February 2020. GATE entrance exam will be conducted for 25 papers this year. After the release of the notification candidates have to check the eligibility criteria and if they meet the requirements, they can apply for the entrance exam in the online official website. GATE 2020 is conducted for all papers in the CBT (Computer Based Test) mode.
GATE score of the qualified candidates will be helpful for the entrance in to various M.Tech / M.Sc. / Ph.D. courses at IITs, NITs, IISc and NITIE of government colleges and foreign universities. However, the GATE score is also valid for PSUs recruitment. The GATE score is valid for Three years from the date of declaration of the result officially. GATE 2020 will be conducted in various cities of Indian and in some foreign countries.
GATE Important Dates 2020
Check the important dates of the GATE given below as per GATE 2020 Notification PDF. For detailed information on dates, go through the GATE important dates article published at our website.
- GATE Application Form Filling Starts on: 1st Week of September 2019
- Last Date for Submitting GATE 2020 Applications: 4th Week of September 2019 without Late Fee and 1st Week of October 2019 with Late Fee
- GATE Admit Card Availability: 1st Week of January 2020
- GATE 2020 Exam Dates: 1st and 2nd Week of February 2020
- GATE Answer Key Availability: 3rd Week of February 2020
- GATE Result 2020 Release Date: 3rd Week of March 2020
- GATE Counselling Starts on: 1st Week of April 2020
- Official Website of GATE:iitm.ac.in
GATE 2020 Application Form and Fee Details
The official website of GATE 2020 receives online applications from all the aspiring candidates. However, it accepts the applications from only eligible candidates as per the eligibility criteria given in GATE exam notification. The online applications are welcomed from all the eligible candidate from the date of availability of application forms. Applications will be available in the month of September.
GATE Application Fee 2020
Below are the details of the GATE 2020 Application fee for the applicants choosing exam centre’s in India and foreign countries. Go through them and pay the fee online during the application filling process.
|S. No.||Category||Application Fee till 4th week of September 2019||Application Fee During Extended Period (till 1st week of October 2019)|
|1.||SC/ST/PwD and Female Applicants (All categories)||Rs. 750/-||Rs. 1250/-|
|2.||All Other Candidates||Rs. 1500/-||Rs. 2000/-|
|3.||Candidates selecting Singapore and Dubai as exam centres||US$ 100||US$ 120|
|4.||Candidates selecting Addis Ababa, Dhaka, Colombo and Kathmandu as exam centres||US$ 50||US$ 70|
GATE 2020 Eligibility Criteria
Here are the complete eligibility details as per the GATE exam notification available in official website. Candidates who meets the respective eligibility criteria are eligible to apply for GATE 2020.
- Should be Indian national or foreign national.
- There is no minimum and maximum age limit.
- Bachelor degree holders in Technology / Engineering (3 years after Diploma in Engineering / B. Sc. (OR) 4 years after 10+2) and candidates in the final year of those courses are also eligible.
- Bachelor degree of 4 year program in Science (B.S.) and final year pursuing candidates.
- Bachelor degree holders in 5 years architecture course and those in final year of the same course are eligible.
- 4-year integrated Master degree holders post B.Sc. in Technology / Engineering and candidates in second or higher year of the same course.
- Master degree holders in any branch of Mathematics / Science / Statistics / Computer Applications or equivalent course and candidates in the final year of those programs.
- Five years integrated M.Sc. holders or five years integrated B.Sc. / M.Sc. degree and students of the final year of those programs.
- Five year integrated Master degree holders or dual degree in Engineering / Technology and those in fourth or higher years of such course.
- Candidates having qualifications that are obtained from the exams organized by professional societies recognized by AICTE / UPSC as equivalent to B.Tech. / B.E. Those candidates completed Section A of AMIE or equivalent of such professional program are eligible.
GATE 2020 Papers with Codes
|GATE Papers||Paper Codes|
|General Aptitude (GA) is Common for All Papers|
|Architecture and Planning||AR|
|Computer Science and Information Technology||CS|
|Electronics and Communication Engineering||EC|
|Ecology and Evolution||EY|
|Geology and Geophysics||GG|
|Production and Industrial Engineering||PI|
|Textile Engineering and Fibre Science||TF|
|XE – A||Engineering Mathematics|
|XE – B||Fluid Mechanics|
|XE – C||Materials Science|
|XE – D||Solid Mechanics|
|XE – E||Thermodynamics|
|XE – F||Polymer Science and Engineering|
|XE – G||Food Technology|
|XE – H||Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences|
|XL – P||Chemistry|
|XL – Q||Biochemistry|
|XL – R||Botany|
|XL – S||Microbiology|
|XL – T||Zoology|
|XL – U||Food Technology|
This is all about GATE Notification 2020 and the application form filling and fee payment process are available in the relevant articles given at ePostbag. So, go through it for further details. You can also go through the information brochure published in official website for further reference.