Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT) releases the application form for VITEEE 2020 in the official website vit.ac.in in the month of October 2019. The university also issues the offline VITEEE Application Form 2020 for the exam in designated post offices at various places. Candidates qualified their intermediate or 10+2 education or those are going to qualify in this academic year are eligible to apply for the test. You can know the complete VITEEE eligibility details in other article of ePostbag. Here we have given the details of application form, fee and application filling procedure.
VITEEE Application Form Details
Candidates willing to get admission in any of the B.Tech courses at the VIT University this academic year will have to appear for VITEEE 2020 and qualify in the exam. VIT releases a notification and VITEEE 2020 application form for this test. Willing Aspirants have to check the complete details in the notification and if you are eligible, you have to fill the application before the last date. However, they have to pay the prescribed application fee and submit the applications either online or offline.
Only the application form from the eligible candidates will be accepted and other applications will be rejected. Candidates have to fill the application with all the correct details as the data will be used further for counselling and admission process if qualified in the test. VITEEE 2020 test will be held in the month of April 2020 and before that the entire application process have to be completed i.e., before the VITEEE application form last date given by the authorities.
VITEEE 2020 Application Form Dates
- Exam Name: VIT Engineering Entrance Examination (VITEEE)
- Exam Conducting Authority: Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT)
- Mode of Application: Online and Offline
- VIT Application From Availability (Online & Offline): 4th Week of October 2019
- VITEEE Application Form Last Date: 3rd Week of March 2020
- Last Date for Editing Application: 3rd week of March 2020
- Official Website:ac.in
Availability of VITEEE Application Form 2020
- Offline Application Form: Candidates can to get the form from selected VIT Campuses by producing DD of specified amount in favour of VIT or through designated post offices.
- Online Application Form: Candidates can visit the VIT official website and fill and submit the application form directly by paying the fee.
Details of VITEEE Application Form Fee
The VITEEE Application Fee varies for both online and offline applications. You can have a glance at the fee details given below.
|Online VIT Application Form Fee 2020||Rs. 1150/- for General Candidates (including GST)|
|VITEEE 2020 Offline Application Fee||Rs. 1200/- (including GST)|
|VITEEE Application Fee for NRI Students and Candidates Opting Abroad Test Centres||50 USD|
How to Pay VITEEE Application Fee
Candidates can pay the VITEEE Application form fee either in the online mode or offline mode. The payment via any of these methods can be made in the following way.
- Candidates choosing online mode of payment can pay the fee through Debit Card / Credit Card or through Net Banking or via Paytm.
- Aspirants paying the fee in the offline have to submit a Demand Draft which is prepared in favor of “VIT University”. The amount can be paid in the respective campus from which the candidate have bought the application form.
- NRI applicants and candidates selecting abroad test centres have to pay the fee in the online mode via credit card.
Documents Required for Filling VIT Application Form
- Email ID
- Mobile Number
- Scanned Photograph (for Online Application)
- Scanned Signature (for Offline Application)
- Original Passport Size Photograph (for Offline Application)
- Written Signature (for Offline Application)
Dimensions of the Scanned Photograph and Signature (For VIT Online Applications)
Here are the specifications of the scanned photo and signature that candidates have to upload while filling the VIT Application From 2020. Applicants have to be aware of these details and apply the same before filling the form.
|Scanned Photograph||10 KB to 2000 KB (3.5 CM X 4.5 CM)||Should be clear and it should not be a selfie|
|Scanned Signature||10 KB to 200 KB (2.5 CM to 1.5 CM)||Should be visible clearly and should not be written in capital letters|
How to Fill Online VITEEE Application Form 2020
Below is the clear process of filling the VIT 2020 Application Form step-by-step. We suggest applicants to go through the procedure and apply the same to fill the application.
Step-1: New User Registration
- First the applicant have to visit viteee.vit.ac.in official page.
- Click on “New Applicant” button on top right side of main page.
- Now provide the following details in the next page.
- Candidate Name
- Date of Birth
- Mobile Number
- Email ID
- Verification Code (Shown in the image)
- Click “Register” once you provide all the details correctly.
Once the candidate registration is over, an SMS and Email will be sent to the registered mobile number and Email ID which contains the Username and Password to login.
Note: Candidates cannot change their Email ID and Mobile Number in any situation. So, candidates have to provide those details carefully.
Step-2: Login to VIT Website
- Again open the main page of the VIT official website as given above.
- Give Registered Username and Password in the designated fields.
- Enter Verification Code.
- Click “Submit”.
Step-3: Fill VITEEE Application Form
- Once you login to the site, a new page will open.
- Click on “Application Form” available on the left side of page.
- Now, VIT Application Form 2020 will open.
- Fill in all the details correctly and they include
- Personal Details
- Candidate Name
- Date of birth
- Mother tongue
- Whether hostel accommodation is required?
- Native state
- Blood group
- Address for correspondence
- Door No / Street
- Town / City
- Area name
- Phone (Landline with STD Code)
- Email Id
- Name of the parent / guardian
- Parent’s / Guardian’s Occupation
- Relationship of the person with the candidate
- Education Details
- Mode of Study
- Medium of Instruction
- Qualifying Exam Passed / Appearing – 12th Standard
- Board Name
- School Name
- Roll No. / Registration No. / Seat Number (If Already Allotted)
- Address of School
- Month & Year of Passing / Appearing
- Area Name
- Town / City
- Choice of Campus
- Choice of Subjects Appearing in VITEEE 2020
- Test City Preference
- Advertisement Details
- Personal Details
- Finally click “Save & Next” button at the end of the page.
Step-4: VIT Application Form Fee Payment
- After submitting the necessary details, an application number along with payment options will appear on screen.
- Choose the payment option net banking / credit or debit card from drop-down menu and click “Proceed to Pay” button.
- Based on the option chosen, the payment page will open.
- Provide the necessary information on the payment page and click “PAY NOW” button.
- Now the payment gateway will allow you to pay the prescribed application fee once you click “Confirm” button on the page shown with amount to be paid.
Step-5: Upload Signature and Photograph
- After paying the fee candidates have to upload the scanned photo and signature in the specified dimensions as given above.
- After images are uploaded, tap “Save & Next” button to proceed further.
- Now images will appear on screen and below that, you have to click “Submit to Confirm” button for submitting the application form.
Step-6: Download Filled VITEEE Application Form
- Read the instructions in the next page.
- Tap on “Click here to download your filled-in application form” button to download the form you have filled if all the details entered by you are correct.
- Otherwise choose edit photo/signature or edit your application form buttons to make necessary changes and submit and download the form.
- Online applicants need not send the hard copy of the submitted application form to any of the campuses.
- Candidates have to wait 48 hours to try new application if the amount is debited during the transaction. After that period of time, they can try payment once more from the same registered Email ID.
- If the amount is not debited, applicant try the payment once more.
How to Fill Offline VIT Application Form 2020
Candidates willing to apply offline, will have to take the offline applications (OMR) from the admission offices of various campuses in person or they can also get it from the designated post offices in various states such as, Andhra Pradesh, Andaman and Nicobar, Kerala, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu, Maharashtra, Telangana, Delhi, Odisha and West Bengal. Once the offline application is obtained, candidates can follow the below instructions to fill in the application and submit it. You can check the list of post offices also at official portal.
- Fill the complete application form with all the required and correct details.
- Attach or paste a passport size photograph and put the signature in the correct format at the designated area of the application.
- Tick the check list choosing the test centre or city code on the envelope given.
- Write the complete address along with pincode. If any mistakes are done while providing the address, candidates can paste a white paper on the box of same size and enter the details. However, details should not come out of the box.
- Make sure all the information is provided as per your knowledge.
- Enclose the filled application in an envelope given along with the form.
- Dispatch the VITEEE 2020 Application Form to the VIT University via Speed Post or Registered Post to the address given on the envelope i.e., admission office, VIT University, Vellore.
Note: Note down the application number as it is required for the further process.
How to Check VITEEE Application Status Online
Once the VIT Application Form is submitted, candidates can check the status of the application i.e., whether the application is submitted or not in the online through official website. Just follow few simple steps to know the status.
- Visit the VIT official website viteee.vit.ac.in application status page.
- Enter your 10 digit application number.
- Enter the verification code shown in the image.
- Click “Submit” for the VIT Application Status to appear on screen. It displays positive if the form is submitted properly otherwise, it shows pending.
How to Make Correction in VIT 2020 Application Form
The correction window will be opened by the VIT University for a limited time period after the application is submitted. Candidates can edit or make the changes in the application in that period only and it is one time chance. So, applicants have to make the necessary changes correctly and submit the application without any flaws in it.
You can just login with the Username and password as you did while filling the application and make only the changes that are possible to be corrected.
If there are any issues while filling the VITEEE Application Form 2020, candidates can contact the concerned VIT phone number or helpline numbers available at the official portal. You can also reach us for any queries related to application form through the comment box available here.
Table of Contents
- VITEEE Application Form Details
- Details of VITEEE Application Form Fee
- Documents Required for Filling VIT Application Form
- How to Fill Online VITEEE Application Form 2020
- How to Fill Offline VIT Application Form 2020
- How to Check VITEEE Application Status Online
- How to Make Correction in VIT 2020 Application Form