Uttar Pradesh is one of the states that stands top in encouraging education and supporting future generations to implement new technologies through various government schemes. As a part of it, the UP State government has introduced a new scheme named Medhavi Chhatra Yojana UP to give financial support to the poor students for their future education. Labor department of the UP implements this Talented Students Reward Scheme. Get to know complete details of the scheme here.
Uttar Pradesh Medhavi Chhatra Puraskar Yojana (मेधावी छात्र पुरस्कार योजना)
At first this scholarship scheme was launched in the year 2009 and it is sponsored both state and central governments. The main aim of this Medhavi Chhatra Yojana is to give encouragement in the education to the meritorious students of the labor. So, that the children of labor will get a chance to pursue the main stream of the higher education.
UP state government offers Rs. 2000/- to Rs. 12,000/- from the level of class 5 to the higher education. Authorities of this scheme will directly transfer the benefits in to the eligible beneficiary students account in two different instalments per year. This scheme will be surely benefits the workers children to pursue their dreams.
|Scheme Name||Medhavi Chhatra Puraskar Yojana|
|Scheme Type||State and Central Government Scheme|
|Launch Date||4th February 2009|
|Launched by||Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath|
|Beneficiaries||Children of Labor Pursuing Education|
|Benefits||Rs. 2,000/- to Rs. 12,000/-|
|Availability of Medhavi Chhatra Yojana Applications||1st July to 30th December every year|
Eligibility Criteria for Medhavi Chhatra Yojana
- Registered workers whose daughter or son have 70 or above percentage from class 5 to class 8 and 60 percent from class 9 to 12 are eligible for this scheme.
- Students not enrolled in any other reward schemes of the UP government are eligible.
- Candidates enrolled for the IT program are also eligible.
- Student father should have enrolled in the labor department as labor.
- Child of the parent who is involved in the construction or labor work of the UP state can apply for this scheme.
Medhavi Chatra Yojna Benefits
|Class||Qualifying Score / Percentage||Benefits for Son||Benefits for Daughter||Number of Instalments|
|Class 5||70%||Rs. 4000/- (2000+2000)||Rs. 4500/- (2000+2500)||2|
|Class 6||70%||Rs. 4000/- (2000+2000)||Rs. 4000/- (2000+2000)||2|
|Class 7||70%||Rs. 4000/- (2000+2000)||Rs. 4500/- (2000+2500)||2|
|Class 8||70%||Rs. 5000/- (2500+2500)||Rs. 5500/- (2500+3000)||2|
|Class 9||60%||Rs. 5000/- (2500+2500)||Rs. 5500/- (2500+3000)||2|
|Class 10||60%||Rs. 5000/- (2500+2500)||Rs. 5500/- (2500+3000)||2|
|Class 11||60%||Rs. 8000/- (4000+4000)||Rs. 10000/- (5000+5000)||2|
|Class 12||60%||Rs. 8000/- (4000+4000)||Rs. 10000/- (5000+5000)||2|
|Bachelor degree / Medical Degree / B.Sc.CM, Engineering, Polytechnic Diploma, M.E.M.M.M.||60%||Rs. 10000/- (5000+5000)||Rs. 22000/- (10000+12000)||2|
Medhavi Chhatra Yojana Last Date
Every year, the applications for the Medhavi Chhatra Yojana will be open from 1st July to till 30th December as per the information available in various sources. Candidates have to utilize this time period and fill the application form as soon as they have passed the qualifying exam i.e., within 3 months.
- Passport Size photograph with self-attestation
- Mark-Sheet with self-attestation of the respective class passed from accredited schools.
- Income Certificate
- Parents Worker Card
- Last grade-sheet
- Original fee receipt of institution (School / College / University)
- Bank Pass book
- Affidavit stating that the concerned student has not availed any other scheme
- Self-attested copy of Aadhaar Card / Passport / Pen Card etc.
How to Apply for Medhavi Chhatra Yojana Online?
Candidates eligible for this scheme have to fill the form before the Medhavi Chhatra Yojana last date and submit it online or through offline process. Candidates will have to submit the application form within three months after passing the qualifying exam.
- Get the application form from the nearest District Labor Department office or from block office of Tehsil or Tahsildar office.
- Fill the application and attach all the documents necessary as
- Next the form should be attested by the principal of the institution.
- Candidates passed class 5 to 8 from the accredited schools have to get acceptance letter from the Basic Education Officer of their district and attached with the application form.
- After the above process is over, candidates can submit the application form along with the documents required in the same office from which the application is taken.
Wait for few days after the Medhavi Chhatra Yojana Registration UP as application has to be verified by the concerned authorities and tell about the acceptance.
How to Know Medhavi Chhatra Yojana Registration Form is Accepted or Rejected?
- Soon after the applications are submitted, it will be verified by all the concerned offices and then it will be given to the applicants stating whether it is accepted or rejected.
- Within 15 days of the application submission along with documents, the process of acceptance should be completed and should be available to the concerned applicant.
- Those candidates whose applications are accepted gets the benefit deposited in the parent account or student account as prescribed by the government within next few days.
You can check more details about the Medhavi Chhatra Yojana application process and the acceptance of the application in the official site given above. Hope, the information is helpful for the candidates. Check latest updates on other Uttar Pradesh government schemes available at ePostbag and get benefited.
Table of Contents
- Uttar Pradesh Medhavi Chhatra Puraskar Yojana (मेधावी छात्र पुरस्कार योजना)
- Eligibility Criteria for Medhavi Chhatra Yojana
- Medhavi Chatra Yojna Benefits
- Medhavi Chhatra Yojana Last Date