NIDHI EIR which means National Initiative for Developing and Harnessing Innovation Entrepreneur in Residency is a great initiative by the UP government. The scheme is implemented to give assistance to the meritorious Engineering students in the form of fee for pursuing the Engineering courses. The scheme was officially launched by Chief Minister of UP Yogi Adityanath. Get to know more about the NIDHI EIR Yojana here and know whether you are eligible for that scheme.
NIDHI EIR Scheme for Engineering Students
EIR is one of programs initiated under the NIDHI. The main aim of the NIDHI scheme is to give financial assistance to the Engineering students and Engineering institutes. With that, the students and the institutes can work on research and development effectively and come up with an innovative idea.
IT and Science sector of Indian Government in association with innovative new business idea division has come up with the implementation of this new scheme. The scheme focuses on development as well as implementation of innovative new ideas to implement successfully during the startups.
The state government is offering this NIDHI Program scheme to bring out the creative skills of the students and to show their full potential in their own field.
|Scheme Name||NIDHI EIR Yojana|
|Scheme Type||State Government Scheme|
|Launch Date||August 2017|
|Launched by||Chief Minister of UP Yogi Adityanath|
|Beneficiaries||Engineering Students Belonging to Middle Class|
|Benefits||Rs. 20,000/- to Rs. 30,000/- on monthly basis|
Features of NIDHI EIR Yojana
- This scheme is implemented to provide the incentives in the form of money to merit students of Engineering colleges belonging to middle class family for a period of one year.
- The UP state government will offer Rs. 20,000/- to Rs. 30,000/- per month for one year (for 12 months) to all the eligible candidates under NIDHI EIR Yojana Uttar Pradesh if they have good idea.
- State government will also offer loan to the Engineering students under NIDHI EIR Scheme which the candidate can use it for being established for their dream project in the state.
- Candidates selected for this NIDHI Program will get a chance for getting the credit to better implement their ideas. This credit will be given to them without any collateral.
- The assistance through this scheme will be given only to those candidates working on the unique idea or project which should also be innovative.
- Students having the innovative ideas can share their proposal under this Yojana with the concerned authorities. They have to give a rough plan of their idea and the respective department will look for the viability of the project i.e., whether it can be implemented in to profitable business or not. If yes, the candidate will be granted with the financial assistance.
As of now under NIDHI scheme, 11 students from Engineering colleges of the state are selected and given the financial assistance to check their ability.
NIDHI EIR Eligibility Criteria
- The scheme will be offered to only those Engineering candidates belonging to middle class families.
- Applications from the candidates who have potential for future development will be accepted.
- Should submit innovative ideas for business in the form of project and in given format to the concerned authority.
- Should be able to invest their full time in the internship and only for those applicants the benefits under this program will be given.
- Candidates should submit a proof that says they are not related with any organization or getting financial help from any agencies.
- NIDHI scheme is not for short-term projects. Candidates will get the benefits of the Yojana only if their ideas or projects have future scope and that can create profits financially in long run.
- The business idea or plan of the candidates should be related with the use of technology.
- The benefits under this NIDHI EIR Yojana will be granted till the candidate is not able to manage any good investment for their project. Candidates completed getting necessary funds for their project will not get any grant further.
- If the candidate submitted their application cannot give a good investment plan, then they cannot get the benefits.
- Money under this scheme will be given completely on non-profit based internship. So, if any candidate who tries to use the benefits otherwise will be barred from NIDHI program.
How the Candidates are selected for Scheme under NIDHI Program
- At first the candidate have to apply for this program by filling the NIDHI application form through official portal.
- Then the government will select those candidates having the unique ideas and innovative projects that have development in the future in the related field.
- The chosen candidates have to submit their plan of idea in the form of project that they are going to implement to the NIDHI authority i.e., by the Innovation & Entrepreneurship division officials.
- After that, the government of UP will decide the right amount of incentive to be offered to the selected candidate for implementing the project.
- The selected student will get Rs. 20,000/- to Rs. 30,000/- for their idea on monthly basis from the government for one year.
How to Apply for NIDHI EIR Yojana
Engineering candidates belonging to middle class family with innovative ideas of developing a project that can be used long run for developing business can apply for the scheme with the help of following procedure.
- Visit the official website http://www.nidhi-eir.in/
- Check the eligibility for the program through “Check Your Eligibility” link available on the left side of main page.
- Now, register and login to apply.
- Upload the complete information of the idea and the project on the website.
- After that the authorities will check your project and will approve or disapprove based on the idea you have submitted.
- You can check the status of your application from the official website after some time i.e., whether you are eligible for the program or not.
Note: Currently applications are closed for the NIDHI EIR Scheme from the aspirants. Check https://www.venturecenter.co.in/ one of the official sites to know about the availability of NIDHI scheme applications and more.
This is a one of the good schemes implemented by the UP Government that gives support for the young and innovative Engineers who can give new developments to the business and get new ventures to be established in the state.
Hope, the information given here on NIDHI EIR Yojana will help you if you have innovative thoughts on technology or business. Be in touch with ePostbag and official website to know the availability of the applications for this year.