As a part of providing a dream house for all the sections of the society at affordable costs, Honourable Prime Minister Narendra Modi has come up with national housing scheme and named it as “Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana”. In short the scheme is named as PMAY and it is launched by Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs, Government of India in the year 2015. Even now this scheme is under process and the will continue till 2022. However to apply for this scheme and be eligible, one should read the eligibility criteria and meet the requirements that the government has set. Now more about Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana 2019 through the information available in this post.
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana – (For Urban and Gramin)
Indira Awas Yojana (IAY) which is renamed as PMAY after forming Modi’s government is a national scheme implemented to facilitate the houses for all the sections of the country both for urban and rural area people. However, the scheme is divided in to two categories i.e., for urban areas it is as Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY) Urban and for rural or gramin areas the scheme is called as Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Gramin (PMAYG). The main aim of this scheme is to make hosing available for all. But, this scheme is not applicable for those who already have a house or for any of their family member. Under this scheme, each beneficiary applicant can avail the subsidy home loan for their dream house to be constructed.
Candidates willing for this scheme will fall in to various categories based on their income and they are Economically Weaker Section (EWS), Lower Income Group (LIG) and Middle Income Group (MIG). Candidates belonging to these income groups are only eligible to avail the housing loan subsidy under CLSS (Credit Linked Subsidy Scheme) which is one of the major verticals of PMAY.
|Scheme Name||PM Awas Yojana (PMAY)|
|Scheme Type||Central Government Scheme|
|Launch Date||April 2015|
|Launched by||Prime Minister Narendra Modi|
|Beneficiaries||Economically Weaker, Lower Income, Middle Income groups, Women, SC, ST of Urban and Rural Areas|
|Benefits||Subsidy on Loan Interest (Varies for Every Category)|
|Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Last Date||31st March 2022|
|Last Date for for MIG 1 and MIG 2 Under PMAY||31st March 2019|
|Official Website||https://pmaymis.gov.in/ (Urban)
https://rhreporting.nic.in/ (Rural or Gramin)
https://pmayg.nic.in/ (Rural or Gramin)
Government’s proposal is to construct 20 million houses by the year 2022 for all the above mentioned groups and this will be done in three different phases, phase 1, phase 2 and phase 3. The scheme is now available for the applicants and open till March 2022.
Candidates willing to avail this PMAY or PMAYG scheme have to read the eligibility details and if found eligible, can register for the scheme in the relevant official websites i.e., the official portals for urban and rural area people are different. Urban applicants have to apply through pmaymis.gov.in website and gramin applicants have to apply through pmayg.nic.in. Here we have tried to give you all the details of the Yojana and procedure to fill the application forms.
Features / Benefits of PMAY or PMAYG
Under this CLSS benefits will be given in the following way.
Benefits for EWS/LIG Category
Candidates belonging to EWS and LIG families or households having the annual income of 6 lakh or below that can avail the subsidy under this Pradhan Mantri Awas Scheme or PMAYG. However, those families should not have a pucca house anywhere in India or the family should not have availed central assistance under any of the government of India housing schemes.
- Maximum subsidy amount given is Rs. 2.68 lakhs for the candidates belonging to EWS and LIG.
- The Government of India will give an interest subsidy of 6.5% for a period of 20 years or tenure of the loan whichever is low.
- Aadhaar Card is mandatory to apply for this Yojana.
- However, subsidy rate is applicable only for the loan amount taken of Rs. 6 lakh under this category. Any loan beyond 6 lakh rupees will fall under non-subsidized rates.
Benefits for MIG Category
Under PM Awas Yojana interest subsidy for MIG families was started on 1st January 2017. MIG applicants having the annual income in between 6 lakh to 12 lakh fall under MIG-1 category and candidates whose income is in between 12 lakh to 18 lakh fall under MIG-2 category. Benefits for these categories will be given in the following way.
- For MIG-1 category, interest subsidy of 4% on housing loans i.e., upto Rs. 9 lakh will be given for a tenure of 20 years or on tenure of loan i.e., whichever is low.
- For MIG-2 category, interest subsidy of 3% on home loans i.e., upto Rs. 12 lakh will be given for a tenure of 20 years or on tenure of loan i.e., whichever is low.
- Maximum interest subsidy given for these categories is upto Rs. 2.35 lakh.
- Aadhaar Card is mandatory to apply for this scheme.
Check the table given below to have all the benefits of the PMAY at one glance.
|Maximum Annual Household Income||Up to 3 lakh||3 to 6 lakh||Above 6 lakh and upto 12 lakh||Above 12 lakh and upto 18 lakh|
|Maximum Carpet Area of House||30 sq. mtr.||60 sq. mtr.||90 sq. mtr. (No relaxation permitted)||110 sq. mtr. (No relaxation permitted)|
|Home Loan Tenure (Max)||20 years||20 years||20 years||20 years|
|Maximum Home Loan Amount Eligible to Qualify for Subsidy||Rs. 6 lakh||Rs. 6 lakh||Rs. 9 lakh||Rs. 12 lakh|
|Subsidy Interest Rate||6.50%||6.50%||4.00%||3.00%|
|Maximum Interest Subsidy Amount||Rs. 2.68 lakh||Rs. 2.68 lakh||Rs. 2.35 lakh||Rs. 2.30 lakh|
|Validity of PMAY on Loan Amount Sanctioned Between||17/06/2015 to 31/12/2016||01/01/2017 to 31/03/2022||01/01/2017 to 31/12/2017||01/01/2017 to 31/12/2017|
Under any of these categories, subsidy is credited to the beneficiary loan accounts upfront which results in reduced effective EMI or house loan.
The preference for the senior citizens and differently abled people will be given to get allocation in the ground floors. Eco-friendly and sustainable technology will be used for the construction of houses. This scheme covers both urban and gramin areas providing housing at affordable costs by the year 2022.
Phases of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY)
The construction of houses with the loan subsidy will be done in three different phases and they are as follows.
|PMAY Phases||Dates||Number of Cities to Cover|
|Phase-1||April 2015 to March 2017||100|
|Phase-2||April 2017 to March 2019||200|
|Phase-3||April 2019 to March 2022||Remaining Cities|
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Eligibility Criteria
Here are the eligibility details that are to be meet by the candidate willing to apply for Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Online.
- Women citizens of India can apply for this scheme. As long as they are women, other demographics will not be considered.
- People belonging to above mentioned categories i.e., LIG, MIG 1 & 2 and EWS can apply for this scheme.
- Any household or family with annual income of Rs. 6 lakh to Rs. 18 lakh are eligible and can fill the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Online Application Form. However, the subsidy amount will be decided based on the category they belong to i.e., EWS or LIG or MIG 1/MIG 2. You can check the benefits given above.
- To avail the benefits of the PMAY, the beneficiary can only buy new house.
- People own a house already are not eligible. Also the beneficiary or any family member of the beneficiary should not own a pucca house in any area of the country.
- Scheduled castes and scheduled tribes are eligible for this yojana.
- If the married couple is applying for this scheme, either single or joint ownership is allowed. However, any of these options will just get one subsidy.
- Under this scheme, people can construct or buy a new house only. For already built house, people cannot avail the benefits of this scheme.
- PMAY subsidy is not for house reconstruction or modification.
Beneficiaries of PM Awas Yojana
Here is the list of people who can get the benefits of the PMAY scheme.
- People belonging to Lower income Group (LIG)
- Scheduled Caste (SCs)
- Scheduled Tribe (STs)
- Women of all religion and caste
- Economically Weaker Section (EWS)
- Middle Income Group (MIG) Group 1
- Middle Income Group (MIG) Group 2
Documents Required to Apply for PMAY
Follow are the documents required for Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana apply online or offline process.
- Residential and identity proof i.e., PAN card / Voter ID / Driving License
- Aadhaar Card
- Nationality Proof i.e., passport or any other proof
- Caste / Community Certificate
- Salary slip or pay slip
- Economically Weaker Section (EWS) or Low Income Group (LIG) certificate needs to be submitted
- Income Tax Returns statement
- Property valuation certificate
- Proof that beneficiary is not having any pucca house
- Proof proving that beneficiary is constructing the new house under PMAY scheme only
- Bank account details and account statement
How to Know Your Eligibility for PMAY or PMAYG
Before applying for the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana 2019, candidates will have to check their eligibility for this scheme. Candidates can documents of their BPL certificates to the lending institution to know your eligibility. After verifying the documents, they will inform you whether you are eligible or not. Aspirants can also check their eligibility in the online from the official website. Make sure to check the latest beneficiary list.
PM Awas Yojana Application Filling Procedure
Candidates meeting the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Eligibility can apply for this scheme. There are two ways that the eligible beneficiary can fill the Application Form i.e., online and offline. Both the methods are available below and you can check them. However, based on the area you live in apply for the scheme i.e., if you live in urban area apply for PMAY official website and if you live in rural area apply in Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Gramin official website.
How to Fill Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Offline Application Form
Candidates willing to apply for Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Gramin or Urban can take the application form from the common service centres (CSC) established by the union territories and state government by paying a nominal cost of Rs. 25/- along with GST. You can visit the nearest CSC to get the form and you can know the address and details of the nearest CSC from the link http://gis.csc.gov.in/locator/csc.aspx/. By giving all the necessary details you can access the information of nearest Common Service Centres.
Fill the application form and submit it to the concerned authorities i.e., from where you have taken the application. No other entity or person is authorised by Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MOHUA) for collecting the fee from the beneficiary.
How to Fill Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Online Application
For Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Apply Online process of urban areas, candidates have to see the procedure given below and follow the steps and fill the application form.
- Visit the official portal of ministry i.e., pmaymis.gov.in
- In the home page, click on “Citizen Assessment” option in the top menu bar.
- Choose the relevant options among “for slum dwellers” and “benefits under other 3 components” and click it.
- You will be redirected to a new page in which you need to provide your “Aadhaar Card Number” or Virtual ID in the given space and name as per Aadhaar.
- After providing the details, click “Check” button.
- A new page will open in which you need to fill the PM Awas Yojana Online Application Form.
- Enter the details such as beneficiary details, personal details, contact details, bank details, income details and other required information.
- Once you confirm that all the details you entered are correct, click on the check box near the disclaimer to select it and enter the captcha code shown in the image.
- Finally click “Save” button to save the details you have entered.
- Once the application is submitted successfully, take a print out of the filled form for reference.
This is how we can do apply for Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana online. Also check few more details of the scheme available here.
Procedure to Edit Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Online Application Form
Once the candidates completed submitting the PMAY application online, they can also edit the details of the form with the help of below steps.
- Go to the official website of the PMAY.
- Under “Citizen Assessment” of the main menu of home page find and click “Edit Assessment Form”.
- Enter your Assessment ID and Mobile Number in the next page.
- Click “Show” button.
- After that, in next page candidates can edit the application details that they have entered previously and submit the form again.
How to Check Pradhan Mantri Awas 2019 Application Status?
Applicants can check the PMAY application status online in two ways i.e., using the Assessment ID and via using name, mobile number and father’s name. Check out those two methods given below.
Check PMAY Application Status using Assessment ID
- Open the official PMAY website.
- Click “Track Your Assessment Status” option under the “Citizen Assessment” drop-down menu.
- Now choose, “By Assessment ID” radio button by clicking it.
- Enter Assessment ID and Mobile Number in the next page.
- Click “Submit” button.
- You can see the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana online application status in the next page.
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Status Check via Name, Father’s Name & Mobile Number
- Go to official website same as said above.
- Under “Citizen Assessment” choose and click “Track Your Assessment Status”.
- Select “By Name, Father’s Name & Mobile No” radio button by tapping on it.
- Enter State Name, City Name, District Name, Name, Father’s Name and Mobile Number in the respective fields.
- Click “Submit” button.
- Now, your Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana online status will show-up on screen.
How to Print PMAY Application Form Online?
Any time after submitting the PM Awas Yojana application in the online, candidates can download it from the official website and the procedure is as follows.
- Visit pmaymis.gov.in
- Click “Print Assessment” button under “Citizen Assessment” of drop-down menu.
- You can choose any of the options from “By Name, Father’s Name & Mobile No.” or “by assessment ID”.
- Provide the details in the next page.
- Tap “Submit” button.
- Click “Print” button to get your application form printed.
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana List
The third-phase PMAY list of eligible candidates is now available in the official portals of urban and rural or gramin. Candidates can see the pmaymis.gov.in list of the beneficiaries following the procedures available below.
Procedure to Check PMAY Beneficiary List (Urban)
Applicants from the urban areas can follow the steps given below to access the beneficiary pmaymis.gov.in list.
- Open the PMAY urban website i.e., pmaymis.gov.in
- Choose “Search Beneficiary” option and click “Search By Name” from the drop-down menu.
- Provide first 3 character of your name in the given field.
- Click “Show” button.
- Now you can see the list. If your name is available in the list, you can see your name along with other information.
How to Check PMAYG Beneficiary List (Gramin)
Candidates applied for PMAY Gramin scheme can follow any of the below methods to access the beneficiary list of rural areas from official website.
With Registration Number
- Visit the website https://rhreporting.nic.in/
- Click “IAY/PMAYG Beneficiary” link under “Stakeholder” drop-down menu.
- Enter your Registration Number in the field shown on screen.
- If your registration number is available in the list, you can see further details.
Without Registration Number
If the applicants do not have the registration number, they can follow other method to access the list and the steps for it are available here.
- Open the link directly https://rhreporting.nic.in/netiay/benificiary.aspx/ or follow the first two steps in the above method.
- Click “Advanced Search” button shown on screen.
- Choose State, District, Block and provide the details like, Panchayat, Scheme Name, Financial Year, Search by Name or Search by BPL Number or Search by Sanction Order or Search by Father/Husband Name and, Account No.
- After providing all the necessary details, click “Search” button.
- If your name is available in the beneficiary list, you can see the name and other details on screen.
This is how you can check the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana list from the official websites of Urban and Gramin.
PM Awas Yojana Address and Toll Free Numbers
Shri Raj Kumar Gautam,
Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MOHUA),
Room No. 118, G. Wing,
New Delhi -110011
Phone Numbers: 011-23060484, 011-23063285
Toll Free Numbers: 1800-11-3377, 1800-11-6163, 1800-11-3388
This is all about the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana 2019 that all the candidates should know. Keep check ePostbag for any further updates on this scheme. Any queries on this post are welcome through the comment box available below.
Table of Contents
- Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana – (For Urban and Gramin)
- Features / Benefits of PMAY or PMAYG
- Phases of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY)
- Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Eligibility Criteria
- Documents Required to Apply for PMAY
- How to Know Your Eligibility for PMAY or PMAYG
- PM Awas Yojana Application Filling Procedure
- Procedure to Edit Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Online Application Form
- How to Check Pradhan Mantri Awas 2019 Application Status?
- How to Print PMAY Application Form Online?
- Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana List
- PM Awas Yojana Address and Toll Free Numbers