Every Year, the Government of Andhra Pradesh will come up with various schemes for the benefits people in the state. This year, AP CM YS Jagan Mohan Reddy has announced a special scheme for the poor students in the state where they are not able to pay their fees due to financial burden in the family. The government has come up with various scholarship schemes to help the students those who are aiming to study and gain higher education. The CM has implemented the scheme named ‘Jagananna Vidya Deevena Scheme’ in which the poor people can get certain amount of scholarship for their higher education. The respective students can go through the below article to know more details such as application form, eligibility criteria, important documents required etc.
YSR Jagananna Vidya Deevena Scheme Overview
AP CM YS Jagan Mohan Reddy has announced the Vidya Deevena Scheme 2020 where the government is going to provide fee reimbursement for the poor students. The scheme is applicable for the students those who are willing to study various courses such as ITI, B.Tech, B.Pharmacy, MBA, MCA and B.Ed courses in the state. The students can claim certain amount of INR 15,000 to 20,000 through the scheme for their higher studies. The scheme will help more than lakhs of students across the state who are aiming to have a bright future. The candidates who are eligible for the scheme can get free hostel and food facilities through the government only.
This scheme will benefit the students those who are socially and economically backward in the state. It can reduce the financial burden of their family. As per records, more number of students in the state are with a great academic score but they are economically weak and don’t have enough money to eat food properly. To implement the scheme in a proper way, the CM has allocated around 4,900 crores for the higher education of the poor students.
Jagananna Vidya Deevena Scheme Details
Here, by going through the below details in the tabular form, candidates can know the complete details about the Jagananna Vidya Deevena Scheme.
|Name of the Scheme||Jagananna Vidya Deevena Scheme (JVD)|
|Former Name of the Scheme||AP Fee Reimbursement Scheme|
|Launched In||Andhra Pradesh|
|Scheme will be Supervised By||Andhra Pradesh Education Department|
|Announced By||CM YS Jagan Mohan Reddy|
|Date of Announcement||27th November 2019|
|Date of Implementation||24th February 2020|
|Mode of Application||offline|
|Scheme Purpose||To give complete fee reimbursement for SC, ST, OBC, minority, Kapus, EWS and disabled.|
Features or Highlights of Vidya Deevena Scheme
Here, you can know the important features and the highlights of YSR Jagananna Vidya Deevena Scheme so that you will have a clear cut idea about it.
- The State government is implementing the post-matric scholarship scheme, to all eligible students belonging to the Scheduled Tribes (ST), Scheduled Castes (SC), Backward Classes (BC), Economically Backward Class (EBC), Kapu, Minorities and the Differently Abled categories.
- Under the Jagananna Vidya Deevena Scheme, the candidates who belong to the various categories such as SC, ST, backward classes, Kapus, minorities, economically backward classes, and differently-abled categories need not to pay the fees for their higher education.
- Candidates those who have a background with 10 acres of wetland and 25 acres of dry land can also apply for the scheme to have their higher education with ease.
- The respective candidates having a family income of less than Rs 2.5 lakh can also apply for the scheme for the academic year.
- Students from families of sanitation works, and those who are professionally dependent on auto, taxi and tractor are having no income limit to avail this scheme. Candidates who belong to the family where they are income taxpayers are not eligible for Vidya Deevena Scheme.
- The full fee reimbursement will be extended to students pursuing B Pharmacy, B Tech, M Tech, M Pharmacy, MCA, MBA, BEd and other such courses.
Guidelines of Jagananna Vidya Deevena Scheme in AP
AP CM Jagan has announced the scheme for the students with an main objective that to promote education and encourage the students for their higher education. With the help of the scheme, the financially background students can also have their higher education with ease. The money will be credited directly into the account of the mothers of the students in two installments for the respective academic year. This will cost the government exchequer Rs 2,300 crore while the scheme is expected to benefit 11,87,904 students. Go through the below guidelines to know more about Vidya Deevena Scheme.
Colleges must confirm to the notification of State Higher Education Regulatory and Monitoring Commission on Fees. There are no unauthorized fees (such as donations) or capitation fees to be collected from the students.
As per the government rules, no other fees will be charged from the students other than the fees provided by the government. The profit that gained by the management will be spend for educational institutions only but not for the own. The certificates that will be received by the students should not be suspended for the purpose of fee reimbursement.
- The institution should follow the directions of regulatory bodies like UGC, AICTE, PCI and APSCHE. The process of online affiliation and admissions should be undertaken. Each and every record of the student will be uploaded online as the academic performance and other additional records as well.
- Attendance of students, teaching and non-teaching staff must be recorded by Aadhaar-linked Biometric Attendance.
- Under the YSR Jagananna Vidya Deevena Scheme, the fee reimbursement will not be applicable if a respective student’s attendance is below 75 percentage.
- All must and should follow the security and data privacy protocols. The institution should conduct courses approved by the government and the relevant regulatory bodies and only the courses that are allotted for fee reimbursement.
- The government will take action against institutions and their managements if they flout regulations by not following the prescribed guidelines. Those colleges will also be excluded from the fee reimbursement scheme.
- This scheme will not be applicable to the deemed and private varsities and also for the students those who are studying in distance learning and correspondence courses. It is also not applicable for the student those who are belonging to management and NRI quotas.
Benefits of AP Vidya Deevena Scheme
By this AP Vidya Deevena Scheme, there are many benefits for the students those who are willing to have higher education in the state.
- The main and important benefit that will attract all the students in the state is that there will be a free of cost education for financially background students.
- The scheme is only applicable for the students having the below given eligibility criteria only.
- The tuition fees, mess charges, hostel charges will also be exempted from all of the students who will gain high percentage when compared to the other students. To all the beneficiaries, there will also be a monetary incentives.
Eligibility Criteria for Jagananna Vidya Deevena Scheme
The eligibility criteria is very important because the candidates having below criteria only can apply for the YSR Jagananna Vidya Deevena Scheme.
- At first, the Vidya Deevena Scheme is applicable for ST, SC, BC, Kapu, EBC, minorities and differently abled students in the state.
- The respective student families will be having 10 acres of wet land and 25 acres of dry land to eligible for the respective scheme.
- The students families those who have annual income less than Rs 2.5 lacs per annum are also eligible for the respective scheme.
- There is no particular limit for the families those who work for the department of sanitation, dependent on taxi, auto and tractor.
- Income tax payers and pensioners are not eligible
- Students studying distant education are not eligible for this scheme.
- The family member who works for the government are not eligible for the scheme
- Sanctuary workers are exempted from the Vidya Deevena Scheme 2020
- The family member should not have 4 wheeler
- The student will not be eligible if the family member pay the property tax
- The students those who are studying in any of the colleges of Government, Aided and Private Colleges are also eligible.
- The beneficiary should not have any four-wheeler in their family
- Student’s house must be of less than 1500 square feet in the city will be eligible for the scheme.
Courses Eligible Under YSR Jagananna Vidya Deevena Scheme
The below given courses are only eligible for the students under the scheme. So, the students have to take these courses only for their higher education those who want to claim the scheme that is implemented by the government.
- And Other Degree and PG Courses
Documents Required for Vidya Deevena Scheme in AP
To apply for the Jagananna Vidya Deevena scheme apply online or offline, there are some documents required. So, the candidates have to keep the documents ready to claim the benefits of the scheme.
- Aadhaar card
- Residential proof
- Income certificate
- Attendance Certificate
- Admission fee receipt
- EWS or BPL certificates
- Non-tax payer declaration
- Parents’ occupational certificate
- Bank account details
How to Apply for Jagananna Vidya Deevena Scheme?
Candidates are requested to follow the below steps to apply for the Vidya Deevena Scheme in the offline method.
- First, candidates have to go through the nearby ‘mee-seva’ and ask for the respective person about the details of the scheme.
- Give the person the above mentioned documents and ask him to apply for scheme.
- Pay the amount that the person has asked and check the status.
- You can check the status after applying for the scheme.
Check Jagananna Vidya Deevena Status / Eligibility List Online
Here are the below steps where the students can check jagananna vidya deevena scheme eligibility list or status. Simply, follow the below steps where the candidates can know all the details.
- First, the candidates have to visit official website that is navasakam.ap.gov.in
- Then, candidates have to click on “Know Your Secretariat” link on top of home page.
- Now, look for your Secretariat Code and note it down.
- Enter your Secretariat Code in the link given here i.e., https://navasakam1.apcfss.in/NavasakamJVDEligibleReport.do?key=GetEligiblePdf&sec_code for checking the eligibility list.
- Now you can see the report with, name of the student, Father name, Mother name, Application ID, Aadhaar Number and Status of Eligibility etc.
YSR Jagananna Vidya Deevena Scheme FAQs
Check out few FAQs on Jagananna Vidya Deevena Scheme that would help you clear your doubts on the scheme and avail the benefits of the scheme.
When is the Jagananna Vidya Deevena Scheme Implemented?
AP CM Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy has launched the YSR Jagananna Vidya Deevena Scheme on 27th November 2019 and it is implemented from February 2020.
Can Aspirants Apply for Vidya Deevena Scheme in AP Online?
No, candidates can apply for YSR Jagananna Vidya Deevena Scheme through offline only. The candidates can check the scheme status or else eligibility list through online.
How Much Amount can an Eligible Applicant gets through this Scheme?
Candidates those who belong to the various categories have applied successfully for the scheme and can claim the certain amount by the government. The education board official will offer Rs. 10,000/- for ITI, Rs. 15,000/- for Polytechnic and Rs. 20,000/- for Degree students.
Here, we have provided the complete information about YSR Jagananna Vidya Deevena Scheme so that candidates can claim the offer with ease. The scheme will help the students those who belong to the backward classes and from poor background family. Stay connected with us for all the latest updates and keeps visiting our website daily to know the information about it completely.
Table of Contents
- YSR Jagananna Vidya Deevena Scheme Overview
- Jagananna Vidya Deevena Scheme Details
- Features or Highlights of Vidya Deevena Scheme
- Guidelines of Jagananna Vidya Deevena Scheme in AP
- Benefits of AP Vidya Deevena Scheme
- Eligibility Criteria for Jagananna Vidya Deevena Scheme
- Courses Eligible Under YSR Jagananna Vidya Deevena Scheme
- Documents Required for Vidya Deevena Scheme in AP
- How to Apply for Jagananna Vidya Deevena Scheme?
- Check Jagananna Vidya Deevena Status / Eligibility List Online
- YSR Jagananna Vidya Deevena Scheme FAQs